Does animal control provide vaccines or veterinary services?

We recommend making an appointment with a veterinarian of your preference for medical services and vaccinations. Section 446 of the Abbeville City Code of Ordinances requires all pets over the age of four months to be vaccinated annually for rabies prevention. In South Carolina, only a licensed veterinarian is permitted to perform rabies vaccinations. 

Rabies vaccines are not included in vaccination kits commonly sold over-the-counter in feed and supply / pet stores. Having your pets microchipped for easy identification is always the best method to insure they are reunited with you should they become lost. Animal Control can provide this service for just $10. Please call Animal Control Officer Chris Wilson at 864-394-1122 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the animal shelter located?
2. When is the Animal Control Officer available?
3. Who do I call if I have lost my dog or cat?
4. What about animals that are picked up in the County?
5. How long do you keep animals at the shelter?
6. Who do I call to report a stray dog or cat?
7. How can I report suspected animal cruelty?
8. Can I make an anonymous complaint?
9. Are dogs permitted to run loose?
10. Does Animal Control pick up dead animals on the roadside?
11. What can I do about a barking dog in my neighborhood?
12. What do I do if my dog or cat bites someone or if I’m bitten by an animal?
13. How much will it cost me to pick up my pet from the animal shelter?
14. Does animal control provide vaccines or veterinary services?
15. Are my pets required to be fixed (spayed or neutered)?