Read and review our policies and guidelines for the 2023 Abbeville Spring Festival before you begin. We look forward to reviewing your application.
• The fee for a Spring Festival craft vendor is $35.
• We do offer a discount to vendors who would like to participate in both the Spring Festival and Hogs & Hens Festival (October 20-21, 2023). If you choose this option your total vendor fee including both festivals is $50, with the full payment due upon your acceptance.
• A late fee of $50 will be added to all applications received after March 10th, 2023.
• Vendors are encouraged to use either battery or solar power lights, however, limited power is available if requested and costs an additional $50. Electricity is supplied on a first come first save basis and should only be used small things like string lights or a fan.
• This year there are four separate applications. Please make sure you fill out the correct application. You are currently filling out the Organization category. There are different applications for the following categories: arts & craft, small food (including prepackaged/baked good, ice cream and gelato), and regular food.
• One day vending slots are NOT permitted for this event. You must be able to set up on Friday morning and stay through Saturday night.
• This is an outdoor festival, though we have limited indoor spots. Spaces are 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep. ALL parts of a vendor’s tent, product, storage, etc. must be contained within the provided space.
• Each application is REQUIRED to submit a photo of booth set up and/or a list of items to be sold as well as acknowledgement of these polices and hold harmless agreement through signatures on our final page.
• Please allow us up to 12 business days to process your application. Submission of an application does not guarantee your acceptance. Please look for an email with the subject “2023 Abbeville Spring Festival Craft Show” that will have your acceptance or rejection letter.
• Deadline for early acceptance into the show is March 10, 2023. Any applications accepted after this date will be subject to the $50 late fee. Absolutely no vendors will be accepted after April 14.
• Payments will not be processed until you receive your acceptance email. Once you receive your email of acceptance, you will be asked to verify acceptance and remit payment within 30 days. We accept card, cash, and check. Checks should be made out to the “City of Abbeville.” Vendors whose check bounces will be required pay an addition $25 fee.
• Completed applications can be
o Mailed to PO Box 40 Abbeville, SC 29620 and must be postmarked by March 10th to be eligible for early acceptance.
o Emailed to AWalker@abbevillecitysc.com
o Filled out online at http://www.abbevillecitysc.com/326/Craft-Vendor-Information
Load-In & Out
• Vendor layout is at the discretion of the Community Development Department. We try to honor every request, but we must balance space, power, and visibility constraints to benefit the festival as a whole.
• Your specific load in time frame will be sent via email one week prior to the show. Slot times will be staggered to facilitate an easier load in experience for all vendors. Failure to arrive during your designated time slot may result in the inability to drive your vehicle onto the square to unload.
• We do not have specified vendor parking. All vendors must follow applicable state and local laws when it comes to parking.
• All vendors should be ready to serve by 1 p.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. on Saturday.
• Festival hours start at 1 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. on Saturday, the festival ends at 10:30 p.m. both days. You may dismantle at the close of the craft show (9 p.m.) but we advise you bring hand trucks or wagons to move your materials to vehicles.
• Vendors may not “rent” their space or any part of it to anyone else. Only the vendor that submitted the entry may display and sell at the show.
• Tents are permitted, but not required. Any tent MUST be weighted down. Any damage your tent incurs on another vendor for improper stabilization will be between you and the other vendor.
• Unfortunately, we do not have the staff to offer vendors a break from their booth. Vendors should work with each other for booth coverage.
• Overnight security is not provided during the festival. The Livery Stable is locked at 10 p.m. on Friday. The Festival is not responsible for loss or damage for any reason.
• No vehicles will be allowed on the square during festival hours. You will not be able to drive onto the Square until the Festival ends, the streets are clear, and the green light has been given to you by public safety.
• There is no rain date for this event. The Festival will make every effort to accommodate inclement weather. Refunds are not available for any reason including but not limited to rain, illness, time conflicts, etc.
• Failure to comply with these policies, disorderly conduct, or verbal abuse by the vendor or assistants may negatively affect your chances of acceptance at future City events and may result in immediate expulsion from the show.